Asparagus Soup Recipe
Often regarded as a luxury vegetable, the delicate flavor of asparagus lends itself very well to soup.
- 30 asparagus heads
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 1/4 pint single cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- very finely chopped small onion
- Cut the very tips off the tops of the asparagus heads and reserve them for adding later.
- Clean and chop the asparagus.
- Cook very gently in the butter with the chopped onion.
- Sprinkle the flour onto the asparagus and stir in well.
- Add a little of the stock and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the rest of the stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the reserved tips and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and blend well in a blender or pass through a sieve.
- Season well.
- Re-heat adding cream but do not boil.
- Serve hot.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script