Armenian Soup Recipe
Armenian soup is a spicy, fruity peasant dish from Armenia which is flavoured with red lentils and apricots.
- 2 tablespoons red lentils
- 2 tablespoons dried apricots, washed
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 pints vegetable bouillon
- juice half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- seasoning to taste
- Put lentils and apricots in a large saucepan.
- Add potato and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then blend in blender until smooth.
- Reheat to serving temperature and adjust seasoning.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script