Apple and Wine Soup Recipe
A refreshingly tart soup perfect as a starter for a rich meal.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint water
- 6 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pared rind 1 lemon
- juice 2 lemons
- 3/4 pint dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons redcurrant jelly
- 4 tablespoons natural yogurt
- Put the sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and add the apples, breadcrumbs, cinnamon and lemon rind.
- Simmer, stirring, for 10 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and lemon rind.
- Puree the apple mixture in a blender.
- Return the mixture to the pan, add the lemon juice, wine and redcurrant jelly and simmer gently, stirring until the jelly dissolves and the soup is warmed through.
- Pour the soup into warmed soup bowls and swirl a spoonful of yogurt into each one.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
surprising flavours. Not sure I'd ever have thought of making a soup like this if I hadn't found it in your website. It's surprising what you find when you go surfing on the internet.
#0 - sandra - 05/31/2015 - 11:09
Powered by Comment Script