Apple and Peanut Butter Soup Recipe
This is a really delisious soup that combines the great tastes of apples and peanut butter. It is easy to make and is very comforting.
- 2 pints milk
- 1 medium sized cooking apple peeled, cored an grated
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- juice 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons porridge oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- seasoning to taste
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Heat the milk to just below boiling point.
- Blend together the peanut butter and lemon juice.
- Add this to the milk with the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Blend in small quantities in a blender.
- Reheat to serving temperature and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped parley.
- Serve hot or chilled.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
this sounds like a recipe my kids would love. They're always eating peanut butter so I guess they'll want to have it in soup form. anyway, I'll make it and see what they think. Thanks for sharing it.
#0 - dorothy - 05/31/2015 - 11:02
Powered by Comment Script