Toffee Apple Pudding Recipe
The toffee flavour in this dessert comes from the brown sugar and butter melting around the baked apple slices.
- 1 1/2lb cooking apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1oz butter
- grated rind and juice of a lemon
- 6oz Demerara sugar
- Butter a deep pie dish and arrange the apple slices in layers.
- Sprinkle each layer with the lemon juice, rind and sugar.
- Repeat until all the ingredients are used up.
- Dot the top with little bits of butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Serve with cream.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script