Springtime Saddle of Lamb Recipe
Springtime Saddle of Lamb is a very tasty recipe ideal for an Easter-themed menu
- 6lb saddle of lamb
- 1 1/2 pints red wine
- 4 tablespoons sherry
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- 12 sprigs rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 heaped tablespoons redcurrant jelly
- 1 carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 2 onions peeled and finely chopped
- 4 stalks of parsley
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 1 blade mace
- 4 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1/4 pint water
For the marinade:
- Put all the marinade ingredients into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the sherry, brandy and red wine.
- Place the lamb into the marinade and leave overnight in the fridge.
- Remove the meat from the marinade; reserve the marinade.
- Make small incisions in the lamb and insert the rosemary sprigs.
- Place the lamb in the roasting tin.
- Pour olive oil over the lamb.
- Roast at 350 degrees F for about 2 1/2 hours.
- Bring the marinade to the boil and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the redcurrant jelly.
- Serve the lamb with the sauce.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 190 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script