Grandmum Mog's Chocolate Pudding Recipe
If you have some room after that, how about a chocolate pudding for dessert after all it is Easter! This is a delicious pudding especially served with some clotted cream, naughty but nice!
- 2oz (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 4oz (1/2 cup) caster/superfine sugar
- 2 squares dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4oz (1 cup) self raising flour
- 275ml (1 1/4) cups milk
- 2oz (1/4 cup) butter
- 2 squares dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
For the sauce:
- Grease a pudding basin.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water.
- This should take about 10 mins.
- Stir into the butter mixture.
- Beat the eggs, in one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and fold in thoroughly.
- Put all the sauce ingredients into a saucepan and heat through gently, without boiling, for about 10 mins, until the chocolate has melted.
- Whisk well to combine.
- Pour the sponge mixture into the greased pudding basin and pour the sauce over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190oC/375oF/gas mark 5 for a bout 40 mins, and serve piping hot from the bowl, or turned on to a serving dish.
- Serve if wished with clotted cream - yummy!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 3 - 6 portions