Leeks with Mustard Dressing Recipe
The mild onion flavour of the leeks goes well with this easy mustard dressing.
- 8 small leeks
- 1–2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 5 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- seasoning to taste
- Steam the leeks until just tender.
- Stir together the mustard and vinegar.
- Mash the egg yolk thoroughly into the vinegar mixture.
- Add the oil until you have a smooth sauce. Season to taste.
- Drain the leeks well.
- Place the leeks in a serving dish and spoon the dressing over them and leave to cool.
- Finely chop the egg white and mix it with the parsley and scatter over the leeks.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script