Easter Nest Cakes Recipe
This recipe for Easter nest cakes, which uses cornflakes and golden syrup, is very simple and fun to make with your kids.
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 3oz (6 tablespoons) butter
- 3oz (2 tablespoons) dried milk
- 3oz (4 cups) cornflakes (or enough to make a stiff mixture)
- some mini sugar eggs
- Heat the butter and the syrup in a saucepan until the butter melts.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the dried milk and stir until it dissolves.
- Mix in the cornflakes, crushing them and working them into the mixture.
- Put tablespoonfuls of the mix onto a plate, shaping them until they resemble little nests.
- Put in the fridge and chill for 2 hours.
- To serve, place several little sugar eggs in each nest and add a fluffy chick if available. (These can often be bought in sweet shops at Easter time.)
Prep Time: 135 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 - 8 portions
a picture has now been put up. They are very easy to make and taste great.
#3 - mary - 03/22/2008 - 14:35
Get a pic so pepole will know what they should look like.
#2 - jodie - 03/22/2008 - 02:16
#1 - Tiffany - 03/15/2008 - 10:15
where is the image
#0 - nicola - 03/12/2008 - 03:44
Powered by Comment Script