Easter Mint Squares Recipe
These little treats use the flavours of mint and coconut coupled with delicious chcoolate to make a perfect Easter treat.
- 6oz (6 heaped tablespoons) self raising flour
- 6oz (6 tablespoons) desiccated coconut
- 4oz (4 tablespoons) soft brown sugar
- 6oz (6 tablespoons) melted butter
- 12oz (1 3/4 cups) icing/confectioners sugar
- 2oz (2 tablespoons) melted butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 4oz best quality cooking chocolate
for the filling:
for the topping:
- Mix the flour, coconut and sugar together.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- Press the mixture into a well greased 10 1/2 inch x 7 inch x 1 1/2 inch tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix the filling ingredients together.
- Spread this over the hot coconut base in the tin and leave to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
- Spread the chocolate over the pepper-mint filling.
- When set, cut into 24 squares.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 24 portions
Powered by Comment Script