Easter Eggs Recipe
A description of how to colour eggs for Easter.
- eggs to paint
- various flowers, onion skin
- Take as many eggs as you require and enough pieces of cloth to wrap each egg separately.
- The cloth is used to hold various dying agents next to the eggs so that they will colour when they are boiled.
- For example, take a piece of cloth and lay a thick layer of onion skin on it.
- Then lay on this a few flower heads or leaves.
- Wrap or stitch the egg in this and then boil for 10 minutes.
- The onion skin should colour the egg brown and the flowers will appear as a pale pattern.
- Coffee and parsley can also be used as dyes.
- Serve the eggs for Easter Sunday breakfast.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: depends on quantity of eggs painted
Powered by Comment Script