Easter Bread Recipe
A non-yeast variation on traditional Easter bread.
- 8oz plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 level teaspoon mixed spice
- half level teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3oz butter
- 3oz sugar
- 2oz chopped dates
- 2oz sultanas
- 1 egg
- 6 teaspoons milk
- Sieve the flour and baking powder together.
- Add the mixed spice and the cinnamon.
- Rub the butter into the flour mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, dates and sultanas.
- Add the egg and the milk until you have a dropping consistency.
- Turn into a well greased 2lb loaf tin.
- Cook for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
Powered by Comment Script