Easter Biscuits Recipe
A recipe for a traditional Easter biscuit that is unusually spice free but instead flavoured with lemon peel.
- 8oz (2 cups) flour
- 4oz (4 tablespoons) caster/superfine sugar
- 4oz (8 tablespoons) organic butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2oz (2 tablespoons) currants
- 1 large organic, free range egg
- a little lemon peel
- Rub butter into flour with fingertips.
- Add the lemon peel, sugar, baking powder and currants.
- Beat the egg and add enough to the dry mixture to form a dough.
- Roll out to approx. 1/4 inch thickness and cut into biscuit shapes with a suitable cutter.
- Bake on a greased, floured tin for 20 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade (see temperature conversions).
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: dozen or so biscuits
Powered by Comment Script