Turkish Delight Recipe
Turkish delight is a traditional and exotic Christmas sweet meat. The recipe here will allow you to make pink and white Turkish Delight. Master the art of making your own and "delight" your friends and family at Christmas!
- 3lb icing sugar
- 3 pints water
- 6 tablespoons cornflour
- 3/4 pint cold water
- rose water
- lemon juice
- almond oil
- Make a syrup of the icing sugar and 3 pints of water by boiling together in a heavy pan (take great care not to burn yourself with the sugar syrup).
- Mix the cornflour with the 3/4 pint of cold water, making sure that the cornflour is completely dissolved.
- Add the cornflour mix very carefully to the boiling syrup and continue boiling until reduced by about two thirds.
- The mixture will become very thick and stringy.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour half into another saucepan.
- Flavour one half with lemon and the other with rose water.
- Pour into two dishes greased with almond oil.
- When set turn both onto a board dredged with a mixture of half icing sugar and half cornflour.
- Cut Turkish Delight into cubes and store in a dry place.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 large pieces