Spiced Ice Cream Recipe
A spicy ice cream just right for Christmas. Light, cooling and mouth watering.
- seeds from 12 cardamom pods, ground finely with a pestle and mortar
- 6floz milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2oz caster sugar
- 6floz double cream
- Warm the milk and cardamom seeds in a saucepan.
- Do not boil.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until thick and light.
- Pour the warm milk, beating all the time, onto the egg and sugar mix.
- Return to the saucepan.
- Heat stirring over a low heat until the mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Allow to cool.
- Stir in the cream, mixing well.
- Freeze in a suitable container until firm.
- Serve with a meringue crisp and chocolate sauce if desired.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 240 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script