Simple Christmas Biscuits Recipe
Here's a recipe for delicious Christmas biscuits. They're simple to make and baking them is a great way to keep the kids entertained - they can give free rein to their artistic talents! The only thing to bear in mind is that the dough can get quite dry so you need to work fairly quickly with it. If you want to make a show of the finished biscuits, you can also use them as tree decorations, although they will go soft after a day or so.
- 4oz butter
- 6oz flour
- 2oz caster sugar
- royal icing
- food colourings of choice
- Allow the butter to soften at room temperature.
- Beat the butter in a bowl until soft.
- Add the sugar and beat well.
- Mix in the flour.
- Knead gently until a smooth dough is formed.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough to two millimetres in thickness.
- Cut out into festive shapes using biscuit cutters. If you want to hang the finished biscuits on the Christmas tree, then you can make a hole in the top of the biscuit at this stage.
- Bake at 150 degrees Centigrade on a baking tray lined with baking parchment for around 25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and decorate as desired.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12-20 biscuits