Prawns with Dill and Avocados Recipe
Prawns are available all year round and go well with avocados for this simple starter.
You may be interested to try this suggested menu:
Starter - Prawn and Dill Avocados
Main Course (Meat) - Luxury Christmas Pie
Main Course (Vegetarian) - Celeriac Christmas Roulade
Dessert - Christmas Syllabub
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- seasoning to taste
- 1 cup cooked shelled prawns
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 avocados
- 4 dill sprigs
- Mix together the cream cheese, crème fraîche, horseradish and dill.
- Season to taste.
- Fold in the prawns and half the lemon juice.
- Halve the avocados, remove the stones and brush with the remaining lemon juice.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 - 4 portions