Pear with Stilton Pate Recipe
Stilton is the cheese most associated with Christmas. In this recipe it is used to make a chilled, prepare-in-advance pate. A perfect starter for a relaxed Christmas meal.
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 6oz stilton cheese (rind removed, grated finely)
- pinch nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ripe William pears
- juice 1 lemon
- walnut halves
- cheese crackers
- Put the cheese into a large bowl.
- Add the wine, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Beat well.
- Add the stilton.
- Shape into a roll.
- Wrap in Clingfilm.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Slice the pears and dip into the lemon juice.
- Arrange on plates with the pate.
- Garnish with walnuts and watercress.
- Serve with crackers of choice.
Prep Time: 135 minutes
Yield: 6 portions
Powered by Comment Script