Partridge with Stuffing Balls Recipe
Served as a main course, partridge makes an interesting alternative to turkey. Allow one or two birds per person and make plenty of the delicious stuffing balls.
- 1/4 pint red wine
- 2 partridges ready for the oven
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- 1oz butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 circles white bread, fried until crisp
- 1 tablespoon cranberry jelly
- salt and pepper
- Season the partridge with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each bird in bacon rashers.
- Dot butter over birds and baste with the oil.
- Roast in a roasting tin for 20 minutes at 220 degrees C.
- Heat wine in a saucepan.
- Remove partridges from oven.
- Pour the wine over the partridges.
- Return partridges to the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- Baste several times.
- Remove the partridges from the oven.
- Place each bird on a round of fried bread.
- Pour off most of the fat from the roasting pan.
- Add the cranberry jelly to the pan juices.
- Cook over a low heat until thick.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve with stuffing balls.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Yield: 1 - 2 servings
Powered by Comment Script