Mincemeat Cake Recipe
Most of us love mince pies at Christmas but sometimes they can be a little heavy. This mincemeat cake recipe makes a great alternative as it is light yet delivers that great mincemeat taste. You can either buy mincemeat in jars or make your own - see our mincemeat recipe.
- 8oz self raising flour
- 4oz butter
- 4oz sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8oz mincemeat
- 1 1/2 dessertspoons marmalade
- 2oz glace cherries, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sherry
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat the marmalade in well.
- Beat in the egg.
- Fold in flour.
- Add mincemeat, cherries and sherry.
- Turn into well greased 6 inch cake tin.
- Bake at 170 degrees C. for about 1 1/2 hours.
- When ready the cake should be firm to the touch.
- When cool turn out onto a wire rack.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 1 cake