Cumberland Rum Butter Recipe
By James Maddock
A traditional hard sauce which is easy to make and very quick to prepare but adds an unforgettable touch to the seasonal sweet course.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons rum
- nutmeg, cinnamon and mixed spice to taste
- 1/2lb brown sugar
- Cream the butter and sugar until very soft.
- Add the spices, being careful not to put too much in.
- Gradually beat in the rum.
- When smooth press into an attractive dish and put in fridge.
- Serve with Christmas pudding or mince pies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chilling Time: 120 minutes
Yield: 4 - 6 servings