Creamy Blue Cheese Dip Recipe
This delicious, creamy dip makes good use of your favourite blue cheese. Blue cheeses include Gorgonzola, Danish Blue, Roquefort and Stilton, that famous blue cheese from Leicestershire. If you decide to make this recipe then we recommend using a cheaper supermarket own brand blue cheese and then spending more on a superior brand for the after dinner cheese board.
This starter is very simple to make. It can be prepared several hours before you are ready to eat. In fact, based on personal experience, its flavour and texture improves when left to chill in the fridge for a while. As an accompaniment to this dip you may like to make some crispy cheese wafers which are also quite easy to make. Of course this recipe is not just suitable for Christmas but for any party and can be eaten with crudities or crisps.
- 6oz blue cheese, rind cut off
- 1 celery stick, washed and finely chopped
- 4 - 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, depending on consistency required
- paprika to taste
- salt and pepper to taste (garlic salt could be used if preferred)
- Place the cheese and celery into a food processor and blitz until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add the mayonnaise and blitz again until very smooth.
- Add seasoning.
- Serve with crispy cheese wafers.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 portions