Cranberry Jelly Recipe
If you are planning to make your own cranberry jelly this Christmas, then you may like to give this recipe a try. The addition of the zest and juice of an orange gives a lovely extra zing to the sauce. It's very simple to make and tastes delicious with the traditional Christmas turkey.
- 1lb fresh cranberries
- 1lb granulated sugar
- finely grated rind and juice of 1 medium orange
- Put the sugar in a heat-proof bowl and warm in the oven at the lowest setting.
- Make the orange juice up to half a pint by adding water.
- Put the orange juice, cranberries and rind into a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for ten minutes.
- Stir gently every now and then.
- Take off the heat and sieve through a metal sieve into a clean saucepan.
- Add the sugar.
- Stir over a very gentle heat and make sure that all the sugar dissolves.
- Turn the heat up and boil for about five minutes.
- Pour into warmed, sterile jars and allow to cool before securing the lid.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 large or 2 small jars approx.