Christmas Trifle Recipe
A firm favourite in most househeolds, this classic trifle recipe is perfect during Christmas. It can even be used as an alternative to christmas pudding for those looking for something lighter.
- 6 trifle sponges
- assorted frozen or canned fruit of choice e.g. strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blackberries
- 1 pint custard - not quite set but not hot
- 1/2 pint double cream
- 1 dozen tiny meringues
- 70% cocoa solids plain chocolate, grated
- Use an attractive trifle bowl.
- Split the trifle sponges through the middle.
- Lay them on the bottom of the bowl.
- Put all the fruit together in a basin and sweeten if necessary.
- Pour as much sherry over the sponge halves as they will absorb.
- Spread the drained fruit over the sponges.
- Pour the custard over the fruit (first remove any skin which may have formed over the custard).
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Make sure the custard is quite cold and swirl the cream over it.
- Decorate the trifle with the small meringues and grated chocolate.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 - 6 portions
Because before making it...
can somone who actually tried this recipe tell me if it worked properly or were there anything wrong in this recipe which didn't work?