Christmas Punch Recipe
If you are looking for a warming winter pick-me-up during Christmas, then give this punch recipe a try.
- 2 pints water
- 1 cup sugar
- juice and rind of 3 lemons
- half a bottle of rum
- half a bottle port
- grated nutmeg
- 1 apple sliced
- 1 orange sliced
- Boil the water, sugar and lemon rind in a saucepan.
- Allow to cool a little and strain.
- Add the rum, port and lemon juice.
- Transfer into a pre-warmed large bowl.
- Float the fruit on top and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 - 10 portions
love this punch. I add a bit more rum for a bigger kick. Cheers!
#2 - danny - 07/02/2015 - 05:32
Do you think this might help the party to go with a swing?I'm sure Pete would see to io. Love, Jean
#1 - Olive Sawyer - 12/04/2010 - 09:15
Can you tell me how long this will keep, does it need to be drank in one day or will it last & how long will it last
#0 - Ken Macdonald - 11/29/2009 - 09:22
Powered by Comment Script