Christmas Pudding Ice Cream Recipe
For those who find traditional Christmas pudding rather too heavy or for those who live in hot countries here is an ice cream with all the flavours of the good old Christmas "Pud".
- 1/4 cup (2oz) currants
- 1/2 cup (4oz) stoned raisins
- 1/2 tablespoon candied orange peel chopped finely
- 1/2 tablespoon blanched almonds shredded
- 1 tablespoon glace cherries rinsed and chopped
- 1 wineglass brandy
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cold water (1)
- 1/2 pint double cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cold water (2)
- 3 egg yolks
For ice-cream mixture:
- Put the dried fruit and almonds into a bowl.
- Pour the brandy over them.
- Leave to soak for two hours.
- Dissolve the cocoa in the cold water (1).
- Heat the cream to just below boiling and add the cocoa mix.
- Put the sugar and water (2) into a saucepan.
- Boil until a little cooled syrup will make a thread when pulled up from a saucer with the back of a spoon.
- Allow the sugar syrup to cool a little.
- Pour it onto the egg yolks and whisk with a rotary whisk.
- Add the yolk mixture to the cream and cocoa mix.
- Use an ice cream maker if you have one or turn the mixture into a clean, empty ice cream container.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Beat well and add fruit mix (with ice cream maker add fruit as ice cream begins to thicken).
- Freeze until firm.
- Store in lidded container in freezer.
- Remove from freezer about 15-20 minutes before serving with brandy flavoured whipped cream.
Prep Time: 480 minutes
Yield: 4 - 6 portions
Christmas Pudding Recipe
Christmas Pudding Recipe 2
Christmas Pudding Recipe 3
Mrs. Bridges Christmas Pudding Recipe
Vegetarian Christmas Pudding Recipe
Powered by Comment Script