Boozy Christmas Truffles Recipe
A highly indulgent recipe for home made sweets. An ideal accompaniment to after Christmas dinner coffee, or indeed at any time you like during the 12 days of Christmas!
- 9oz 70% cocoa solids dark chocolate
- 6floz double cream
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- a good cocoa powder
- small fancy paper cases
- Put the cream into a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to the boil very slowly.
- Break the chocolate into pieces.
- Remove the cream from the heat and add the chocolate to it.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate has melted.
- Cool a little and add the rum.
- Leave to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Whisk until well-thickened and then return to the fridge.
- Chill until the mixture is firm enough to be rolled into balls.
- Dust a board and your hands with some cocoa powder.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
- Roll the balls in a saucer filled with some of the cocoa powder.
- Serve the Truffles in the paper cases.
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: NA
Yield: 10-15 truffles
made them today - were brilliant...and you can get the kids to help to as the rolling gets messy! made some with baileys, cointreau & brandy in as a mixed set (using 500ml cream & 4x 150g bars chocolate),then dividing the heated mix into 3 bowls and then 3 tbsp of spirit in each bowl
#1 - jason - 12/19/2009 - 12:08
I look forward to making rum truffles at Christmas. Have you a recipe using chocolate cake crumbs? Thank you.
#0 - Geraldine Hunt - 10/29/2007 - 03:42
Powered by Comment Script