Avocado Cream Terrine Recipe
As some of you may be aware I absolutely love avocado and am always pleased to discover new ways of serving it. A friend told me about this recipe and I thought it would be a great dish to have at Christmas. It's also vegetarian friendly - just make sure you use a vegetarian alternative to gelatine such as agar-agar. It's so simple to make and if you are planning a dinner party it can easily be prepared in advance. Serve it with a salad and a bit of bread and it will get your meal off to a fantastic start.
You may be interested to try this suggested menu:
Starter - Avocado Cream Terrine
Starter - Goats Cheese, Pear and Walnut Salad
Main Course - Fruit Stuffed Goose
Main Course - Parcels of Ricotta and Spinach
Dessert - Cranberry Cheesecake
Dessert - Christmas Chestnut Bombe
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- gelatine powder to set 1 1/2 pints of liquid according to instructions on packet
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 pint Greek yogurt
- 1/2 pint single cream
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Firstly put all the ingredients into a food processor.
- Blitz for about 10-15 seconds until smooth.
- Put the mixture into a small saucepan and heat gently.
- Stir constantly until just boiling.
- Put the mixture into a plastic food container.
- When cool enough taste for salt and pepper and add more if necessary.
- Allow to cool and set.
- Refrigerate until chilled (about 1 1/2 - 2 hours).
- Turn the mixture out of its container.
- Cut into slices.
- Serve on a bed of mixed leaves.
Prep Time: 180 minutes
Cook Time: NA
Yield: 4-6 portions