Vanilla Sugar Recipe
Vanilla Sugar is an extremely useful store cupboard item - it not only makes use of other wise unusable part of the vanilla pod but also provides sweetness and flavour for baking and making sweets.
- 2 cups (1lb) caster/superfine sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 airtight container
- Break the vanilla pod into several pieces.
- Put the superfine sugar into the container.
- Place the pieces in the container with the sugar.
- Secure lid.
- Leave to infuse for a few days or until you are happy with the flavour.
- Use in recipes such as custard.
Prep Time: NA
Cook Time: NA
Powered by Comment Script