Suet Crust Pastry Recipe
Suet crust pastry is a traditional British pastry used for steamed and boiled puddings, for roly-poly puddings and dumplings. The fillings or toppings can be sweet or savoury. Although difficult to obtain, fresh suet gives the best results.
- 2 cups (8oz) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (4oz) shredded/chopped suet or vegetarian alternative
- pinch of salt
- cold water
- Put the suet, flour and salt into a basin and with a knife.
- Mix to a stiff dough with a little cold water.
- Gather into a ball and roll out with a rolling pin on a lightly floured board.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: NA