This is a basic pasta recipe which can be used to make all manner of shapes and varieties of this Italian staple. It takes a bit of practice but with trial and error it's possible to make great homemade pasta.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1lb plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cold water to mix
- Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs.
- Add enough water to form a smooth dough.
- Knead the dough until elastic (10-15 minutes).
- Rest dough for about half an hour.
- Use in any recipe calling for pasta dough such as Chicken and Spinach Ravioli.
Prep Time: 55 minutes
Cook Time: NA