Fish Stock Recipe
This is the traditional method of making a delicious natural tasting stock from basic ingredients. Fish stock is useful for all fish dishes as a basis for soups, gravies and sauces.
- trimmings from white fish
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- salt as required
- a clove of garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- a couple of bay leaves
- bunch of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pints cold water
- Put the fish trimmings into a large saucepan.
- Add the cold water.
- Wash and peel the vegetables.
- Cut the sticks of celery in half and add to the pan.
- Add the salt, pepper, clove of garlic, parsley, bay leaves and lemon juice.
- Bring the pot to a gentle simmer.
- Simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- Strain very carefully twice through a very fine sieve (beware of small bones).
- Use on the same day as the stock is made.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Powered by Comment Script