Custard is a very English sauce that can be eaten with all sweet dishes. It is even great on its own hot or cold.
- 1/2 pint milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 dessertspoon vanilla sugar
- Put the milk and sugar into a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Heat very gently, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Break the eggs into a basin and mix together lightly.
- Pour the hot milk onto them.
- Strain into a heatproof basin.
- Cook, stirring all the time over a pan of simmering water.
- When the custard coats the back of a wooden spoon it is ready.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Powered by Comment Script