Croutons make a great addition to soups and salads - they add a really satisfying crunch and texture.
- 2 slices of thick cut white bread
- fat for deep frying
- Remove the crusts from the bread.
- Cut into bite-size cubes.
- Heat the fat until one cube sizzles and turns golden brown and crisp quickly.
- Remove the test cube and add the others to the fat.
- When they are golden brown, remove then with a slotted metal spoon if not using a frying basket.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve with soups, stews and casseroles.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: a few dozen
Powered by Comment Script