Biscuit Pie Crust Pastry Recipe
A biscuit pie crust pastry is sweet and delicate. Can be used for dessert pies, especially custard tarts or fruit pies.
- 2 1/2 cups (10oz) plain/all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (2oz) cornflour/cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (6oz) butter
- 2 teaspoons caster/superfine sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- water to help mix
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour and cornflour.
- Rub the butter into the flour and cornflour mixture.
- Add the superfine/caster sugar.
- Mix to a dough with the egg yolk (add water if necessary).
- Knead the dough very lightly on a floured surface.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: NA
Powered by Comment Script